What is experiential learning?
Learning through doing. It is the process through which individuals construct knowledge and acquire skills and values from direct experience
Experiential Learning promotes
Kolb’s experiential learning cycle - Plan, Do, Review.
It is only by reflection and learning of our experiences that lead to better understanding ourselves and/or change.
What is the process of experiential learning?
- Engage in some activity;
- Reflect upon the activity critically;
- Derive some useful insight from the analysis;
- Increase the level of understanding or modify behaviour.
- Create a state of dynamic tension composed of 2 conditions (sense of safety and security and a sense of disequilibrium or imbalance).
- Creates awareness of a mix-match between old ways of thinking and new information
- Piaget’s refers to these changes as the process of accommodation and assimilation.
For more information on reviewing Click Here